Severe bladder pain. Labs showed ureaplasma, tried home remedies. Comments on current antibiotic culture?

I had severe bladder pain with no positive cultures for 2 years. Then I got a first morning urine and took it to the lab right away and asked for a more comprehensive culture- with 7 day broth cultures. They found ureaplasma- a tiny microbe smaller than bacteria and similar to mycoplasma. The infection control Docs in town were too busy to review the case for a bladder infection. Anyway, as a pharmacist I had been through most of the antibiotics and decided to heal myself with probiotics, fermented foods (homemade saurkraut- loaded with free probiotics, homemade yogert (pasturized yogert heat kills the good bacteria and enzymes), and eating whole non processed foods- antiinflamatory diet to build the immune system. Bacteria can mutate every 15 min and there are thousands of strains of E coli alone. I think our cuture methods and knowledge of bacteria is in its infancy and needs tons of research. How do you feel about this and our current antibiotic culture?
Asked On : Wed, 10 Apr 2013