Severe back pain frequent constipation. Slimy discharge. Reason?

I am on prescription pain medication for several severe back problems. When I started this medication, I was constipated most of the time. Now for the past 3-4 weeks I have began having to get up at about 4am for a bowel movement. This is always a very slimmy bowel movement and then thru out the day I am having this type bowel movements. I has gotten so bad that I am now having to wear a pad for my clothing protection. Could this be something serious?
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013