Severe back pain during pregnancy. Changing positions, hot shower not helping. Taking tylenol. How to relive pain?

i m 40 weeks pregnant and i m having severe UPPER back pain that comes and goes in intervals. I havent been checked for dilation or effacement in over 2 weeks. I contract often but not regularly and the baby is pressing so low i can barely walk. I had an appointment with my doctor today but he got called into do a c-section and I got rescheduled. switching positions does not help or taking a hot shower or bath and i ve taken 600mg of tylenol . it feels like a squeezing pinching pain in between my spine and shoulder blade.
Asked On : Fri, 29 Jun 2012