Severe back pain, difficulty in sitting or standing for long. History of upper spine fusion. Remedy?

I had to have my upper spine fused 33 years ago and I am suffering with severe pain throughout my whole back now. I was on oxycodone for longer than I care to remember to help manage the pain, but with my husband s help I chose to get off them. We moved to a warmer climate to ease the pain of the cold . I can t sit or stand for too long and household chores are painful to say the least. Is there something I can do?
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013