Severe back pain after child birth. Surgery advised to repair spinal problem. What is the recovery period?

My daughter is almost 19 years old. She had a baby 9 months ago. She has been suffering from severe back pain . Exrays show she has a 13th rib. Also told that her L5 is messed up and she has no spacer between A1 and S2. She has been told she will need back surgery. Apparently to repair the spine and remove the extra rib which is attached badly. Any idea what the recovery time should be following such a surgery? She is alone with a 9 month old baby.
Asked On : Mon, 5 Nov 2012