Severe back pain. What are treatment options?

Three days ago I had severe back pain while I was sitting on the floor for long time (usually I don’t sit on the floor), I tried to get up to the sofa and sat there and I started feeling heavy giddiness and I thought I should go to the outside to take some fresh air and when I walked I passed out for may be 1 or two mins.
After that I had problem in my lower back and was not able to bend, when on bed I was not able to move my body for turning at the sides.
Second day it improved and third day it improved even further but still I am not able to bend enough to tie my shoes.
Also I am feeling light headed since this incident, which I am more worried about.
I checked by BP yesterday and it was 144/89.
I have taken appointment with doctor which is after one week, but I am wondering it should be OK to wait this long.
Asked On : Sat, 20 Apr 2013