Severe back pain. Taking steroids. MRI shows disc bulges, bone spur. Surgical options?

Hi I have been having back pain for a year now that is at times pretty severe. I had an MRI and it said that I have disk bulges at s1/l5 & l3/l4. It also said I have a bone spur at l3/34. I have had steriod injections and they relieve the paid for about a week and it comes back. I am now seeing a physical therapist that I have been going to for about 6 weeks and have shown a small inprovement. What surgical options do I have as I am tired of hurting as my life style has changed and I want to be back to my old active self. Thank you
Asked On : Sat, 21 Jul 2012