Severe back pain. Noticed blood in urine. Taken painkillers. What is the cause for pain?

I have been suffering for the last 2 weeks with pain in my back. Thought first that I pulled a muscle, but 9 days ago ended up in hospital with excruciating pain. I was put on a drip, given a blood test, a urine test, ct scan and later i was told that I probably passed a kidney stone . had a bit of blood in the urine, no infection, no stone. 9 days later the pain is still there. Went back to Dr 4 days ago who said to wait a few days more. I sleep well, morning are ok as long as I rest but pain gradually comes back later in the day to almost unbearable. I take paracetamol and ibuprofen , drink loads of water but it doesn t seem to do much good. I have been referred to a Urologist , don t know how long that will take. I need to be able to work and I m now worried, but mainly because I do not know what causes this pain. Cld you pls help me
Asked On : Tue, 10 Jul 2012