Severe arm and fingers pain post a fall, gradual swelling over hand. What should be done?

I am having alot of pain in my right arm and hand and fingers.....i did fall into a sink hole yesterday top....... and landed on that side of mybody however this has happened before it is the worst it has ever been before I can not sleep and as the night goes is getting worse,and my my hand is now swelling ...what should I do?
Asked On : Wed, 5 Dec 2012
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
hi there, you seem to have seriously injured your arm and hand and I would advise you to go to the ER and let the doctor take a look and if required get ax-ray done. For the time being make a sling with a bandage strip or with your belt or a long string and rest your arm in it at an elevated level. You could take an antinflammatory to relieve the pain but get seen by a doctor as soon as possible. Take care.