Severe anxiety and stress, facial and body pain, feeling of dying. Normal test results, elevated ana. Signs of bipolar disorder?

Hi, my brother about three months ago, was taking magic mushrooms at least once a week. The last time he took the mushrooms he had a bad experience. Since then he has had a constant ongoing problem with what seems like severe anxiety . He complains of some pain in his face and body, and says that he feels like he is dieing. He goes to the hospital, where he has worked for several years, like it is a doctors office. He has been to the er about twenty times in the last two months and they have found nothing but an elevated ana reading in one of his latest visits. He has been generally healthy his whole life with no diagnosed mental deseas. However my mother and I suspect that he may be slightly bipolar, and other mental diseases like alzimers are present in my family. My brother is only 24 and just got married , probably not the best time, he and his new wife are also adopting his wife s sisters baby, as the sister is a drug addict. All of this is a huge stressor on him. I would love to know how to help him if you could point me in the right direction. As well as help his wife keep him from running to the hospital any time he starts to panic and starts to think that he is dieing. Thank you Josh
Asked On : Thu, 21 Jun 2012