Severe allergy to insects. Can I be allergic to just a few insects and not others?

i was told by our local allergist ( im in montreal quebec canada) that despite my severe allergy to horsefly bites, spider bites and mosquito bites that it does not prove i am allergic to bees, Is this true? Because i am thinking the venom from a bee is much worse than that of a mosquito and when i get bitten each bite swells to the size of a softball and when i was bitten by a horsefly on the back of my calf my entire lower leg swelled to the size of my thigh. Is it possible i am only allergic to the above mentioned insects without being allergic to bees, wasps etc? I do not carry an epipen because the allergist told me there was no need ( he did not test me for a bee allergy he just told me i wasn t). Thank you. Sincerely, Terry T.
Asked On : Sun, 9 Sep 2012