Severe afib attacks after heavy weight training. Prescribed multaq and medication to lower BP. Advice

My first experience was when I woke up with a severe afib attack one morning after doing heavy weight training the night before, particularly leg presses at 450 lbs. After several episodes I found a cardiologist who put me on multaq and meds to lower my BP. While I have blips now and then that last a few seconds, I have had no further episodes. I still lift but not so heavy and never on a leg press machine which I understand puts a lot of pressure on the aortic valve. I want to progress but am not clear on what to do. I have a heart rate boundary of 135 but might I be able to push that as I regain conditioning?
Asked On : Wed, 1 May 2013