Severe acne on face, back. On whey protein powders, wants to take isotane pills. Liver test shows elevated bilirubin. Acne treatment?

Hello... I have been suffering from severe acne for the past 5 to 6 months (I am 30 by the way, and I never had anything like that before)..... by the way, I work out (weight lifting) and take some proteins (not steroids, but regular powder whey protein and creatine )... The acne type is those white things that come on your face, then the next day they turn red or so... and seems skin healing condition is slow, so these usually take a very long time to disappear, but no use since new ones come. My back is also full of acne (brown spots).... my dermatologist wanted to prescribe for me Isotane 500mg (pills or capsules), but he told me it is a strong medicine and will take it away forever within 6 months,,, but that I need to do some liver function and lipids profile tests before he allows me to take it. I did my lipid profile test and the only thing abnormal is low number of what is referred to as (good fats)... my liver function test showed an elevated number of brillubin and such, but the liver doctor told me i have no liver disease but only suffer from a genetic disorder called Gilberts (where enzymes can t breakdown fats properly or so?)... He told me that I can tell my dermatologist that I m fine and can take the Isotane medication for my severe acne.... However, I am still scared. I heard Isotane can get dangerous, especially if you already have some dysfunctions with internal organs (although the doctor told me I don t suffer from any serious liver disease, except for this Gilbert syndrome ). I have stopped working out for almost 2 months now and have stopped taking protein powders for almost 3 months now. Still, acne did not go away. I noticed it becomes worse when I take sugary stuff so I stayed away from it.... but no matter how healthy of a diet I follow, it shows very slow progress to heal... so perhaps I have to take that Isotane to get rid of it once and for all.? Any advice appreciated
Asked On : Tue, 1 May 2012