Severe acne, lesions, red and dark spots. Prescribed medication. Skin becoming dry. Should I continue?

Hi, I ve had severe acne throughout my teens. I m 19 now, and i have lesions, and redish spots on both sides my my cheeks. I have dark spots on my upper back as well. I went to the dermatologist. He gave me Oriver, 20mg isotretinoin , mezith ( azithromycin ) , iso-acne gel and for dryness cetaphil lotion. The gel causes irritation and makes my skin very dry, like it s peeling off. Also, my whole face has become extremely dry. Should I continue using the gel? and the medications he prescribed me all together? And I have hollywood style sun block spf 30, can I use that? and should I use sunscreen on those reddish spots?
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013