Severe acid reflux, regular abdominal bloating, lower back pain,arthritis, want to avoid side effects of prolonged use of prilosec. Is it possible to cure acid reflux with lifestyle changes?

I ve been on prilosec for 10 years. I had severe acid reflux , but the prilosec completely stopped it. The last few years, I ve had abdominal bloating every day and my lower back seems to have some arthritis problems. I ve read some things online that describe the long-term effects of taking meds like prilosec for too long. I need to get to the root of the problem and fix it. What can I do to stop this acid reflux once and for all? Degestive enzymes? Probiotics?
Asked On : Sun, 10 Jun 2012