Severe ache in head, shoulder, temple. History of collapse after vigourous run. Suggest

Hi there.

I feel a little silly asking this question and its quite long winded so apologies.

I ran a 10k run on Sunday (which I have done several time previously) but this time I collapsed at the finish line.

I can't remember much, I just remember being disorientated, upset, almost at panic attack stage and vomiting, dizzy and could not stand without aid for around 2 hours.

I also have an ongoing back problem which I think has been triggered from being sat on the floor for some time after the collapse.

Since then I have had severe headache and felt sick. Tonight my partner tried to massage a 'knot' or lump out of my right lower back. A few hours later I have woken up with a severe toothache-like pain in my right shoulder and a kind of numbness/heaviness in that right arm and every now and again a sharp pain in my right temple.

I am not sure if I am being completely paranoid but feeling a little worried now especially after the collapse on Sunday.

I must say I have seen a doctor today who put it down to the sickness bug which is going around although I did not have the shoulder or arm pain earlier today.

I'm worried the rub or even the fall may have dislodged or moved something upwards, maybe a clot, I have no idea.

Thank you so much.

Kind regards Kalie
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013