Severe abdominal pain, ultrasound showed gall bladder contraction. What is the cause?

My wife had a severe pain in abdomen on right side below chest in front and back side. Slight pain also persists. In the ultrasound of abdomen two days back, everything was normal but only the gall bladder is contracted in spite of prolonged fasting as per exact wording of the detailed report of ultrasound. If it had been a stone, is it necessary that it must have been diagnosed in the ultrasound. If so, the report means there is no gallstone . Is it that the bile is not being formed? and if so, what are the caused that it is not formed? Should I had LFT of my wife. What are the indicators that can conclude to non- production of bile according to LFT. Can LFT diagnose the cause of this gallbladder contraction?
Asked On : Sun, 22 Jul 2012