Severe abdominal pain, irregular periods, back ache. Fibroids, PCOD detected in sonograph. Hormone evaluation required?

hi, I am 36 year old, mother of two children aged 12 and 8. I approached a gynaec due to severe abdominal pain and irregular priods(35 to 50 days). the bleeding post periods is severe for two days and painful with severe lower back ache. The sonograph result suggests (a) The uterus is retroverted, measuring 6.2x6.1x5.3 cms and is heterogeneous in echotexture due to seedling intramural fibroids . the endometrial canal is well delineated and ET=.8 cm. there is no evidence of any focal lesion (b) both overies are well visualised and are bulky with multiple small peripherally aligned follicles suggestive of PCOD. suggest a hormone evaluation.
Asked On : Wed, 17 Oct 2012