Severe abdominal pain, infection. Blood test shows high WBC count, CAT scan detected thickening of ileum. What does this mean?

Hello, I was recently in the ER for abdomial pain. I have an infection somewhere, high white blood cells count and a thickening was found in a cat scan of my ileum? Can you tell me what this could mean? I have a GI appointment scheduled for next friday, but my mind is racing. I am 29 years old, mother of 3, and need answers. I left the ER with no explanation or diagnosis, just two antibotics.
Asked On : Wed, 11 Jul 2012