Several white spots on roof of mouth on the hard palate behind incisors, fever and body ache, swollen salivary glands. What could the spots be?

I have several white spots on the roof of my mouth which i have noticed in the last couple of days . Specifically on the hard palate behind my central and lateral incisors. I also have a fever and body aches. My sore throat came on suddenly 5 days ago and was accompanied by a runny nose which has now cleared up but my throat remains sore and I have now come down with a fever. I am also finding it hard to swallow and my salivary glands appear to be swollen and I have some pain in my ears. I have also had a burning sensation in my throat on and off over the last few months but this is the first time that I have noticed the white spots. Do you know what these could be?
Asked On : Sat, 8 Sep 2012