Several periods in a month since coming off depo injection, quit smoking a week ago. Causes?

Hi, I am 20 years old. I had the depo injection in July last year, but decided not to continue with this on the renewal in October. I started my period in early/mid November and it lasted approximately a month. I wrote this off as just coming off the injection. However since then I have had a period roughly every two weeks and its beginning to concern me. Is this something that I should see my doctor about or just wait and see. Just as a little bit of extra information (I m not sure if its relevant): I was a smoker of around 10 a day until a week ago when I decided to quit (I am not taking any medication/patches/or any nicotine substitutes) I am not on any other medication (although I took a weeks course of amoxycillin due to a ear infection and cough ) I started uni in September (I know that stress is a common problem in period upset, however I have enjoyed it, and don t feel stressed)
Asked On : Tue, 22 Jan 2013