Several kidney stones problem in both kidneys. Is it necessary for open surgery ?

Hello Sir,

I am going to ask something about the kidney stone..,
now a days my Mummy (age 55) is suffering from kidney stone problem,
I am also have the fear about her,we already scanned & we had the scan reports
in that it mention around 9 no's of stone's.
5 no's are in left side and 4 no's are in the right side kidney.that the dimension's are
(1 no-8 mm),(2 no's-6 mm),(3 no's-5 mm) ,(2 no's-3 mm) & (1 no-1.8 mm).
So,for these stone removal what kind of treatment will be follow is there's any necessary
for open surgery,by drinking more water, by in taking trip's or any other
spl & simple treatment is there for the kidney stone removal.

Thank's in advance for your swift reply.

Have a nice Day
Thanks & Rgds
Asked On : Wed, 10 Apr 2013