Sever pain, swelling, lump formed after bitten by macaw in hand. How to treat it?

I was bitten by a large macaw in the hand . Top puncture was on top of the hand, index finger by hand knuckle. Bottom puncture was on the right side of hand to the right of the hand knuckle. About five minutes a golf ball size lump appeared and top puncture was bleeding profusely. I went to the er and they said since my fingers were working they did not perform xray . Also when bitten a loud popping noise was heard. After 4-5 days swelling was gone. Three days ago severe pain in my hand, wrist and forearm developed. No red streaks but the top is again very swollen with a large lump. What could this be and what should I do. My PM Dr. saw it today and said it looked bad and I should follow up with PC Dr.
Asked On : Tue, 1 Jan 2013
When you were bitten, probably a vessel was injured and this could be the reason for the profuse bleeding; the swelling could also have been due to muscle trauma; free movement of the fingers indicates no specific trauma to the tendons or bones; trauma to the fascia can give rise to the popping sound. You could be suffering from infection to the muscles and fascia and would need to be treated immediately by an expert. You may need a surgical release under antibiotic coverage along with anti-inflammatory drugs. Good luck.