Sever back pain, spasms, leg pain, urinary incontinence, numbness and pain in the heel post microdisectomy. What could be the cause?

hi i had microdiscectomy in March 2010 for ruptured L4 /L5, after a brief period of less pain , i started having severe back pain spasms lower back pain , right leg pain , urinary incontinence , and with the last 6 months my left thigh is going numb, pain in left heel . met with pain specialist last week and he said i prob have cauda equina and numbness due to nerve damage as there is alot of scar tissue . met my surgeon today and he said couldnt have cauda equina and left thigh numbness not related as it was right leg pain previously now having another M.R.I. Please can u help. Teresa
Asked On : Tue, 26 Jun 2012