Seven weeks pregnant. Ultrasound showed presence of gestational sac, embryo but no heatbeats. Brown blood discharge. Faint positive pregnancy test. What is the outcome of scan?

Hi, i am currently pregnant, i had an ultrasound ( transvaginal ) on friday, as i had/have been experiencing some brown blood, and the ultrasound results stated gestational sac , yolk sac and embryo were present, and CRL measured at 3.6mm but no heartbeat (the tech didnt say anything to me, i had to read it off the sheet she gave me, as i first baby i didnt know what to expect nor say) i wasnt told how many weeks i could be or anything, she just said as theres no heartbeat she doesnt know what the outcome could be and to go back in 10 days to see if things have developed. i dont know what to think, or how much of a chance this baby has, she just said to stay hopeful. is any of this normal, my first positive test was the seventh of September (it was pretty faint too with a sensitive test strip), so a week from this i was told at the doctors i was three weeks, which would make me roughly 7 weeks now, but i dont think that matches up to the scan results. any advice would be so grateful.
Asked On : Wed, 17 Oct 2012