Seroquel is recommended for agitated depression. Which is usually preferred additional medicine, anti -d or anxiolytic?

Hi, I am a graduate professor and teaching my counseling and marriage and family therapy students about different manifestations of depression (and DSM 5). I remembered that Seroquel is a recommended med. for agitated depression. Will most treatment protocols start with just the anti -d. and wait for 6 weeks before suggesting addition of an antipsychotic or antianxiety medication? Which is usually preferred additional med. (anti-d. or anxiolytic?) Thanks, Susan Goldman, Psy.D. Assistant professor at LIU graduate programs in counseling and drpsychotherapy
Asked On : Thu, 17 Oct 2013