Sensitivity in nerves on top of the head. Nothing visible. Head severely whiplashed during accident previously. Reason for sensitivity?

The nerves between the skin on my scalp are sensitive to touch. It is mainly on the left topside of my head down to the area just above my eyes and temple area. I remember having a similar feeling years ago after I got in a car accident where my head was severely whiplashed. I haven t had any recent head trauma so the mild pain has me wondering whats going on. There is nothing visually going on. In other words my skin looks fine. Do you have any ideas with what might be going on?
Asked On : Sun, 13 Jan 2013