Sensitive throat, throat congestion and mild pain while swallowing. Tonsils removed in the past. Cyst on the thyroid

I am feeling my throat is sensitive on the left side. I have been on basic throat inspection (not an endoscopy) and nothing was found. Also my lymph nodes have been examined in neck by palpation and they have been deemed normal. But the sensation doesn t want to go away. It goes on and off for 3 weeks now. It is non existent in the morning but it becomes quite a nuisance later in the day. It feels like something is stuck on my left side of the throat and sometimes I feel mild pain when swallowing. But after eating food it goes away for some time (like 30mins - 1 hour) and then feeling returns. Also a few days I didn t feel anything but the sensation of the throat being sensitive returned. I have my tonsils removed when I was 6 yo ( I am 32 yo now) and I ve been diagnosed with pulmonary sarcoidosis 4 years ago. Please advise Forgot to mention: Doctor seen a cyst on my left side of thyroid gland which is only 4mm in diameter and that it is highly unlikely that I can feel it in any way. Also the feeling wasn't there 2 days ago, I've felt it only during night yesterday, and today it is there whole day. I must note that I NEVER feel it when I wake up, it starts (or not) only an hour or more after getting out of bed. Feeling is like there is something stuck/hooked on my throat on the left side in level with Adam's apple. It doesn't hurt it feels scratchy sometimes. Also I felt something half size of a pea under my jaw bone on the left side that I cannot feel on the right one. I have to stick my thumb beneath the bone (around 1 cm) to feel it. It is hard, not rock hard and sensitive but not hurting. When I apply stronger pressure it hurts quite much. I have no idea if it is submandibular gland/lymph node. Also I smoke 4-10 cigarettes a day, depends. So that's my primary reason for concern. Answer/opinion would be nice
Asked On : Tue, 30 Apr 2013