Sensitive, bump feeling, swelling, unable to insert hearing aid near ear canal. How to treat it?

I have an extremely sensitive area in my ear canal , feels like a pimple? I am unable to sleep comfortably on that side, and now I have pain in the area directly under my ear lobe with some swelling , as well as the area in front of my ear at joint area of gums. I can feel a bump in this area. I wear hearing aids and it is very painful to insert the one in the affected ear. It is also difficult to open my mouth very wide. This began at some point between going to bed Sat.night and awaking Sun. morn!
Asked On : Mon, 4 Jun 2012