Sense of fluttering in left ear after consuming alcohol. Suggestions?

What can cause a very rapid sense of fluttering in my left ear. It is much faster than my heart rate. There is no sound associated with it, and it seems to come after drinking a few glasses of wine or equivalent amount of alcohol from any source. If I stick my finger in my ear, I can't sense it anymore. After a few hours, it goes away and doesn't return until I drink alcohol again. This just started recently. I am 70 years old, I exercise regularly, and I am not overweight.
Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013