Sensations of skipped heart beats. History of smoking and drinking. Is there anything to concern?

Hi, I keep having sensations of skipped heart beats, sometimes they can be several times a day and lasting up to two hours every few beats. It does scare me tremendously as it feels as if something is really wrong.
I drink a lot of red wine on regular occasions and I'm pretty sure that this has so,etching to do with it. I had two bottles of red wine on Friday night and nothing since as I have abstained from drinking anymore alcohol out of the worry of it. Have I done harm to myself that has put me in danger? Or, am I okay, and do I just need to lay off the alcohol?
I also smoke, I drink caffeine but not a lot and not regularly.
Asked On : Thu, 2 May 2013