Sensation of skin being stretched when wiggling toes. Swollen feet, ankle. No pain

When I wiggle my toes back and forth I get a feeling like the skin is being stretched and maybe even squeaking a bit, like the sound of taught leather or rubber. I can't actually hear it but that's the sensation I get. The sensation is always present but more pronounced when I'm lying in bed wiggling my toes. I'm 66 and take BP medication which is under good control, usually 100/60. I have been over weight in the past but I'm not now. My feet and ankles do swell from time to time and then the stretching sensation is even more pronounced. I've been experiencing this annoying sensation for about a year. The condition seems to be gradually worsening but is not painful. I have not been successful explaining this to my GP, my terms of reference seem to cause confusion but I don't know how else to describe the condition. Please don't publish my name or sell or share my email address or personal information with anyone or anybody else. Thank you.
Charles Clausen
Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013