Sensation of hole above laryngeal prominence near thyroid membrane. Am I being paranoid?

i could just be being paranoid but to me it feels like there is a very tiny hole above the laryngeal prominence where the thyrohyoid membrane is located, is that normal for men to have that ? or did i rip it due to coughing to hard? you would think i would sound weird or it would be really hard to breathe but ive experienced neither of those symptoms, also there has never been any pain in the area so if you could do me a favor and feel your adams apple and tell me if you feel the same thing that would be some great reassurance to let me now im fine. i need a male doctor on this one or a female who knows all about male throats, thanks.
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013