Sensation in throat, happens during cold. Pregnant. Harmful?

My mother has been facing some throat/ear problem since she came to Bangalore 6 years ago and stayed for 8 months when I was pregnant. Even I have it, but not severe as my mom. It is some sensation, which induces to do kah type of sound from our throat to clear that sensation. I get it once in a while during evening or early mornings in cold seasons, but my mom always have it permanently and does kah always. Any idea about what is this related to?
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013

Your symptoms suggests you are allergic to cold.
Since you are pregnant, it is advisable to avoid any form of allergens as far as possible.
Keep yourself warm.
Only mild cold will not affect your fetus unless you develop fever.
So be careful ans consult your physician if cold gets worse.
Hope this helps,
Dr Nilofer