Semi solid stools, burning sensation, frequent urination, pressure in lower stomach. What is going on?

Hi I am facing stomach issue since last one and half year. It is mainly semi solid stool with slight burning sensation twice or thrice in a day and also there are spells of 10-15 days (in 40 days interval) when i face burning in upper stomach before going to sleep for 1-2 hrs and then it subsides. I also have a frequent urge for pee before sleeping and while the amount that comes out is very less. If I dont attend to the the urge or delays it for some time I feel a growing pressure in lower stomach.
Asked On : Fri, 15 Mar 2013
Hello and welcome to HCM.

Thank you for your query.

From your presentation, and description it does seem like a primary gastrointestinal tract issue, but we cannot be sure without an elaborate evaluation.

The reason for stating this is that, many patients with primary gastrointestinal problems have an increased urge to urinate due to pressure from the GIT, that causes a sensation of a full bladder and thus the urge to pass urine. Needs to be confirmed with investigations of course.

The possible conditions that could be causing this presentation in you are:
-Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
-Malabsorption syndrome
-Intolerance to certain foods (lactose or gluten); possibly even something you are consuming before going to bed
-Acid reflux disease
-Peptic ulcer disease
-Other chronic conditions of the GIT

In my opinion you should visit a doctor for an elaborate examination and diagnosis. This will greatly help in realizing the treatment approach.

I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications. I would gladly help you.

Best wishes.