Semi-hard tissue under lip, caused due to operation to remove salivary gland. Treatment?

I have a lump of semi-hard tissue under my bottom lip which appears when i smile or speak. This was caused when i had an operation to remove the minor salivary gland behind it was carried out by a surgeon who later told me she was not concerned with aesthetics, just medical issues. The scar tissue wreckage has been checked by a consultant but he said if it was removed it may return and cause more damage. Is this a slightly negative attitude or was he just happy to recieve his XXXX for a 30 second look with his mirror. Thankyou.
Asked On : Mon, 20 Aug 2012