Semen examination. Sperm count, agglutination, morphology. What do these terms represent?

my semen examination is as follows:
sperm ount 80 millions/ml
Rapid progressive motile : 60%
Sluggish : 20%
Non progrssive motile 10%
Non progressive non motile : 10%
Abnormal : 30%
Pus cell : 0-1 hpf
RBC - absent
spermatogonic cells - Absent
Agglutination - Absent

Please suggest is every thing is ok with me
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM,

The parameters which are assessed in a semen analysis is semen volume, sperm count, sperm motility, sperm morphology, agglutition, presence or absence of RBCs and WBCs.

The sperm count, motility and morphology is within normal limits.
Few WBCs/ pus cells are present but that does not signify any disease process.
Absence of agglutition indicates absence of any factor in the semen which may inhibit penetration of ovum by the sperm.

I hope my answer is of help to you.

Thanks and take care.
Dr Shailja P Wahal

General & Family Physician Dr. Das Arindam's  Response
Sep 2012
Hello, Welcome to HCM, I am Dr. Das

Look, your semen analysis report indicates normal sperm count (normal is > 15 ml as per WHO 2010).

The motility is within normal limit (as per WHO 2010, grade a should be >25% or all total >50%).

The Normal sperm count is also within normal limit (as per WHO 2010, normal sperm should be > 04%).

The pus cells are seen. ( as per WHO 2010, normal semen should not contain any pus cells or RBCs).

So, overall, your report indicates no abnormality. You should consult with your treating doctor for clinical correlation.

Pathologist and Microbiologist Dr. Sangita's  Response

Your semen analysis report is normal .Sperm count, motility % of normal morphology if 70% it is in normal range.