Semen analyses done. What precautions should be taken to prevent the pus cells?

hi i am 32 years old and i got married last September 2011. last month i tested my semen analyses .the result is 50% active motility and there are 8 to 10 pus cells. i want know the problems that rises due to the pus cells, precautions to prevent the pus cells in my semen, and what should i do for my batter sexual, physical, and mental health
Asked On : Mon, 16 Jul 2012
Radiologist 's  Response
Apr 2014
Thanks for writing to HCM

Your semen analysis report suggests infection.
Infection is indicated by the presence of pus cells in semen. Normally there shouldn't be any pus cells in semen.
Infection may be due to prostatitis,UTI etc.
You need antibiotics for infection.
You need few more investigation like routine hemogram,Semen culture and sensitivity,RBS,Ultrasound of pelvis should be done.Trans rectal sonography of prostate can be done if needed.
Proper antibiotics should be prescribed after culture and sensitivity report.
Motility is acceptable.

Get well soon.
Hope I have answered your question.

Take Care
Dr.Indu Bhushan