Self-hurting, hitting my head against the wall. Why am I like this?

i m a teenager and i recently relized that when i hit my head agsinst the wall or claw at myself or bit myself that i am self hurting i thought because i m not cutting that it didn t count but now i m more courious i sometimes feel like i m two diffrent people like there the bully and the sweet girl i feel like i m pmsing constently i used to be better at hding my feelings but i seam to have lost that skill i m wondering if there is something eles wrong with me and why i feel like this i m trying to stop the self hurt but when i try the feeling just gets stronger i m paralized because if i move i will hurt myself when that state comes the walls around me call to me all i see is a way to hurt myself my nailes long to get deep in my skin and my teeth only want to punctur into my flesh am i just exagerating and if not please i could use ur help thanks
Asked On : Mon, 11 Jun 2012
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

Your self-harming behaviour could be indicative of an emotional instability. You need help to deal with this problem and control your emotions and mood fluctuations. I would strongly advise you to consult a psychiatrist for a detailed psychological assessment and for planning further treatment.

Wish you all the best.

- Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist