Seizures resulting in unconsciousness, EEG done, prescribed Gardinal. Had taken the same post coma following an accident. Is it safe?

My wife got accident in 2008. She fell from stairs. She went into comma for about 10 days. A private hospital in Jalandhar named : Satyam Hospital treated her. She was on gardinal 60mg for 3 Years. Lastly doctor tell us to have EEG Test. But we did not did that and stopped the medcine. Now after 1 and 1/2 year she had a seizure . she was unconsious for about 15 minutes. Now we again went to Satyam Hospital. Now they did EEG Test and doctor said(after seeing the report) that she will have to again take Gardinal 60mg : 02 Tabs in a day. please suggest any risks
Asked On : Tue, 24 Apr 2012