Seizures. Menstrual cycle not proper. Tests on brains all negative. Is it Lupus or due to anemia?

Hello, I am writing you all because I am in desperate need to help my girlfriend. She has been having seizures everyday anywhere between 1-6 times a day no for the past 7 months.

She's seen two neurologists and all tests on the brain come back negative. She was tested for epilepsy and those tests came back negative. However very bright or flashing lights can instantly send her into a seizure, as well as loud noises.

Her menstrual cycle is very horrible as well. She frequently has blood clots which causes her flow to be abnormally heavy and the pain unbearable.

Sometimes when she has her seizure afterwards she can feel a very sharp pain in her head and through her body, her vision seems to get blurry in her left eye, he left side has also gone limp and shown symptoms of a stroke, but that was ruled out as well.

She is anemic and has low iron levels. We are not sure what is causing this and I need immediate help because It is gradually becoming worse and I am in fear she may lose her life if help is not given.

No doctors will even prescribe her any meds for her seizures so we resort to high grade marijuana which has seemed to help, but not treat the symptoms.

I did some research and thought she may have lupus or some type of anemia caused by low hemoglobin levels.

She just turned 25 and is a black female if that may make a diagnosis easier.
Asked On : Tue, 12 Nov 2013