Seizure. Valparin chrono 500 and 300 taken previously. History of fits. Advise?

I have had fits in the past (only 2-3 occasions) and I was advised to take Valparine Chrono 500 and 300 (day time 500 and night time 300). I had it for many many years and stopped taking it as advised by my neurologist in 2010-11. My last fit occurred in 1996-97. I was completely well and continued with my daily tasks with no difficulties at all. Today I again had a seizure and this surprised me. Should I take my medicine life long now? Also will these put any restrictions in my life? I go to the gym and play cricket, will these be effected at all?
Asked On : Thu, 4 Apr 2013