Seems like Potts spine. Can it be cancer? What is cure for it?

Hi everyone! My Mum (50yrs) have a sever pain at spin since a week! She was given some medication, but did not work. Then she was told for MRI, and the radiologist reports as There is evidence of lytic lesions involving D5 and D6 vertebral bodies with altered signal intensity appearing hypointense on T1 w images and hyperintense on T2 w images. There is mild associated soft tissue seen thus indenting the thecal sac and spinal cord . Features are likely to represent Pott’s spine . Rest of the visualized vertebrae and intervertebral discs are showing normal height, alignment and signal intensity. Marginal osteophytosis is noted at multiple levels. No significant disc bulge/herniation or compression over thecal sac/ nerve roots is seen. Visualized dorsal spinal cord, conus medullaris and cauda equina nerve roots are showing morphology, outlines and signal intensity. No evidence of primary canal stenosis / secondary canal stenosis is seen. Posterior elements are unremarkable. Doctor impression : He says it is a bone TB and will need more than six months treatment. My concerns: As some evidence suggest that it might be a cancer, Is it really a cancer? If, yes is it curable? What is proper diet? Does she need bed rest? or what sort of activities? If it is only pott s spine, then is it possible to be cured within a year or so ? Please provide me with you kind advice. I don t know what to do? should i stick with doctor current six month prescription or what ? Thank you so much Lovely of you,
Asked On : Thu, 28 Feb 2013