Second hand marijuana smoke on a child

How does second hand marijuana smoking affect a small child. He is usually not in the same room as the smoker, but in the same house
Asked On : Fri, 21 Jan 2011
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.
Indirect smoking is not as harmful as the first hand smoking but constant exposure to it in the house to a small child will definitely make the child addicted to its effects in the long term.
Dr. Rakhi tayal
  Anonymous's Response
I'm sorry everyone has their bad habits! I know people myself who do it!

But if I was in your shoes and there was a chance that I would harm my baby child I just wouldn't do it in the house! I would have rather stand in the freezing cold out in the back garden than harm my child! After all smoking marijuana is you choice not the child and its not right outing you habits before your child!

I hope that you find a alternative way that doesn't harm your child!
Hi, Actually, it is not me, but my grandchild I am worried about. I agree with you totally. I live in Colorado and even have a medical mar license for migraines and still don't use it. I agree that it is a choice, but that they should ALWAYS be outside and NEVER have the smoke in the house. When I used to smoke, they would not even let me hold him until I washed my hands because of second/hand-third/hand effects, but don't seem to think Marijuana smoking in the same house as him is bad. The problem in this state and many others is that marijuana use has become so common that a lot of people have licenses that shouldn't or even without licenses they feel that it is now ok all the time. It has become "legal" so to speak. My son-in-law uses it as a part of life and it's so hard to "butt in", but I am concerned and want to give as many real facts about it as I can.