Second degree burn on arm near elbow, blister popped, severe pain. Should I cover the burn?

Hi, I am a hairdresser and was using a curling wand on Friday and I have recieved a second degree burn on my left arm near my elbow . I have had it covered with a non stick dressing since Friday and have been putting solo site ointment on it everyday. The blister was accidentally popped yesterday and it s quiet painful still and very red. Should I let it air out or cover it back up?
Asked On : Thu, 20 Dec 2012
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi thans for your question.
You are having second degree burns near your elbow.
Yes,you should cover the burnt part with antiseptic dressing and you should also use antiseptic ontment before dressing.
I suggest you to take oral antibiotics.
and pain killers for pain.
Hope,this answers your question.