Second degree burn. Used silvadene cream. Does it have side effects?

Can Silvadene cream cause temporary effects on a two year old child and cause a doctor to change treatment based on toxic levels of biliruben. It was being used for treatment of a burn of a second degree burn. My wife and I were pressured into grafting knowing full well that the burn would heal on its own. The doctor even stated it would heal on its own, but that it would take too long.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013
Thanks for the query,
Silvadene cream is meant for burns.

You can use it safely,
Silver toxicity can be bothering, but only seen when used in excess.

Please meet a dermatologist for exact treatment.

Let me know if you have any other doubt.
you can ask a direct question to me on this forum, following the below link.

Wishing you a good health.
Thank you