Seborrhoeic dermatitis, hair loss, oily scalp, dandruff. Used shampoo, topical ointment, burning sensation. Safe to continue use?

Hi, I had been diagnosed with seborrhoeic dermatitis by a dermatologist as I had hair loss for a year along with oily scalp withen one day of shampooing with a bad odour. Also white flakes and dandruff with that. I was told to use topical 3% and shampoo it off the next day with 8X. For a month it seemed good but now the scalp burns for a few hours after I shampoo with 8X. Should I discontinue or continue using it.
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013