Sebaceous cyst on scalp, removed it with no fluid inside. Possibility of this type of cyst?

I have been told the past few years that I have a sebaceous cyst on my scalp . I was told by three different doctors to just leave it alone and not worry about having it removed. I recently went to a new dermatologist and she suggested I have it removed even though she thought it was a benign sebaceous cyst. I had it removed today and she was pretty surprised that it did not contain anything fluid or keratin . She is sending it to pathology . It has never leaked anything and I have never tried squeezing it open. Is it possible to have this type of cyst without anything in it and could it be benign? Thank you, Cindy
Asked On : Sat, 22 Dec 2012