Seasonal allergy causing swelling eyes and runny nose,coughing at night.Will clairiton help?

My 3 year old son has bad seasonal allergies I have tried zrytech and now he is taking allegra which doesnt seem to be helping. The doc also told me to give him benedryl with the allegra but I kinda feel like its to much for him. His little eyes are swollen and red and he constantly has a runny nose because of his allergies. No matter how much anithistimine I use or how long I keep him a cool mist humidifier in his room he still coughs at night because of the drainage, He is also taking breathing treatments to help when he has wheezing . Should I try clairiton I have only had him on allegra for a few days now but I see no change in his symptoms. His eyes look awful becuase he keeps rubbing them and he cant sleep at night because of drainage what should I do?
Asked On : Mon, 2 Apr 2012