Scum accumulated in crotch area. Why does it have foul smell?

This has been going on now for almost 2 weeks... I shower 2 times a day thinking it will go away... but here it is... I get this disgusting scum accumulated in the area of my crotch (the part where the leg meets the crotch). That scum looks like fungus and it smells awful. It doesn t itch at all but it gets annoying having to smell this foul odor when i m sitting down. What can I do about this?
Asked On : Sun, 6 May 2012
Feb 2013
Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.
This type of rash with foul smelling occurs in fungal infections.
In areas where there is moisture due to excessive sweating, the fungus will grow and cause skin infections.
I suggest you to wear loose clothes for good aeration.
And local application of an anti fungal agent thrice daily is required to treat the infection.
Therefore I suggest you to consult the dermatologist for examination and for prescription of medication.
Hope I have answered your query.